6 CEs offered No ethics credits
Attend this seminar and learn to diagnose, recognize signs and symptoms and assess early trauma and its resultant attachment disturbances in children and adolescents. Shirley Crenshaw, MSW, LCSW will teach you the latest therapeutic interventions from Narrative, Attachment Therapy, EMDR and parent education and coaching. Shirley has gained a reputation for successfully treating the most challenging behavioral problems in the children she has seen in her practice.
This seminar will teach you strategies to provide structure, limits, as well as a high degree of nurturing within the family to help the child develop a sense of basic safety and trust. You will discover treatments for many co-occurring disorders for children who have experienced early trauma and attachment disorders including:
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
Shirley emphasizes treatment techniques, helpful ideas and actual tools that you will be able to immediately apply to your everyday dealings with clients, children and students.
- Learn how to recognize signs and symptoms of early trauma and Attachment Disturbances in Children.
- Learn how to approach these children and their family with effective therapeutic methods.
- Participants will learn how to get behind acting-out behaviors and approach these children with empathy and understanding, helping them to develop emotional regulation through healthy relationships.
Shirley Crenshaw, MSW, LCSW
Biography available on website, emerge.org
Early registration by March 2
Cost: Early Registration $99 (6 CEs available), After March 2 $119 (50% discount for current enrolled students- no CEs will be awarded)
Event Website for Registrations: emerge.org