Ohio Psychological Association Mission
To advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and to improve people’s lives in Ohio.
Ohio Psychological Association Vision
The Ohio Psychological Association advances the science, application of professional psychology by:
- Advocating for public policies that promote psychological services, the field of psychology and a psychologically healthy Ohio.
- Creating and sustaining an environment of diversity & inclusion, while holding cultural competence for Ohio psychologists as a high priority.
- Making psychology more visible to the citizens of Ohio by providing psychological resources, scientific knowledge, public education and referrals.
- Creating and maintaining a number of income streams to make membership more affordable while continuing to provide priority services that members want and need.
- Supporting the personal and professional lives of psychologists throughout their lifespan, from student status through retirement.
- Providing a psychologically healthy and safe work environment for OPA employees and volunteers that supports their career and personal growth, and values their contributions, professionalism, and ideas
Ohio Psychological Association Values
- Championing human rights and mental well being for all
- Modeling diversity and inclusiveness
- Striving to be a role model for support of environmental sustainability
- Working in collaboration with other organizations and leaders