The Professional Practice Committee (PPC) works to support the personal and professional lives of psychologists throughout their lifespan, from student status through retirement.
- Continue to develop the Mentoring Program. Anyone interested in becoming a mentor should send a bio and picture to Priscilla Kingston. See a list of the current mentors.
- Continue working on the Convention panel presentation on “Integrating Psychologists onto the Medical Team.”
- Provide a new supplement to the Practice Toolkit. Produce a writeup about the Convention presentation, to be produced as a supplement to the toolkit.
- Reach out to Early Career psychologists and make efforts to recruit them into the PPC.
- Media 101 – Tips for psychologists dealing with the media
- OPA Mentor Program
- OPA Practice Toolkit – The Practice Toolkit is a manual for early career and/or transitioning career psychologists interested in developing a private practice.
New committee members are always welcome. If you are interested in learning more about this committees, please contact the OPA office at 614.224.0034.