Two-Day Professional Training Program (12 CEUs)
Friday, June 2 and Saturday, June 3
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM in Columbus, Ohio
Click here to register
Marketing Opportunities at the Conference
The training is a great opportunity for you to showcase your organization or product to 200+ psychologists, social workers and other healthcare professionals. Click here for more information.
Presented by the Ohio Psychological Association, the National Association of Social Workers - Ohio Chapter and the Telebehavioral Health Institute.
Attendees will enjoy an invigorating two-day training that provides an in-depth look at the theoretical bases for telebehavioral telehealth, and prepares licensed professionals for application for the Telebehavioral Health Professional (TBH) Certification.
Designed with engaging teaching methods, this program outlines best practice issues, including how to legally practice over state lines; informed consent; intakes and assessment; privacy and confidentiality; record keeping; mandated reporting; federal laws, including HIPAA and HITECH Act, as well as state-based privacy, confidentiality and security laws. Topics also include diversity; safety protocols; preventing and handling emergencies; referrals; triage; and assigning apps. Reimbursement and technology choices for video, email, text messaging and telephones will be covered. Legal and ethical online marketing through social media and online practice management will also be covered in detail. Ample opportunity will be created for attendees to ask questions. Over 1,000 peer-reviewed books and journal article references will be available.
Participants will be eligible to become certified by the Coalition for Technology in Behavioral Sciences as a telebehavioral health provider.
Click here for complete training information including learning objectives, references and course curriculum.
About the Presenter: Marlene M. Maheu, PhD
- California School of Professional Psychology, PhD, Clinical Psychology, 1985
- Coalition for Technology in Behavioral Science
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Telemedicine Association
- California Psychological Association
Recent Publications (last 5 years):
- Maheu, M., Nicolucci, V., Pulier, M., Wall, K., Hudlick, E., Frye, T. (2017). The Interactive Mobile App Review Toolkit (IMART): A clinical practice-oriented system. Journal for Technology in Behavioral Science, 1(1). DOI: 10.1007/s41347-016-0005-z
- Callan, J., Maheu, M. & Bucky, S. (2017). Crisis in the Behavioral Health Classroom: Enhancing Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes in Telehealth Training. In M. Maheu, K. Drude, & S. Wright (Eds.) Field guide to evidence-based, technology careers in behavioral health: Professional opportunities for the 21st Century. New York: Springer.
- Maheu, M. (2017). From clinician to CEO. In M. Maheu, K. Drude, & S. Wright (Eds.) Field guide to evidence-based, technology careers in behavioral health: Professional opportunities for the 21st Century. New York: Springer.
- Maheu, M., Drude, K. & Wright, S. (2017). Field guide to evidence-based, technology careers in behavioral health: Professional opportunities for the 21st Century. New York: Springer.
- Hilty D. M. , Maheu M. M., Drude, K., Wall, K., Long R, Hertlein K, Luoma, T. (2017). The Need For E-Behavioral Health Competencies: An Approach Based On Competency Frameworks And Common Themes Across Fields. Journal for Technology in Behavioral Science, 1(1).
- Luxton, D., Nelson, E. & Maheu, M. (2016). Telemental Health Best Practices. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Shore, J. H., Mishkind, M. C., Bernard, J., Doarn, C. R., Bell, I. Jr., Bhatla, R.,… Maheu, M. M., ... Vo, A. (2014). A lexicon of assessment and outcome measures for telemental health. Telemedicine and e-Health, 20, 282-292. doi:10.1089/tmj.2013.0357
- Turvey, C., Coleman, M. Dennison, O., Drude, K., Goldenson, M., Hirsch, P., Jueneman, R., Kramer, G., Luxton,. D., Maheu, M., Malik, T., Mishkin, M., Rabinowitz, T., Roberts, L., Sheeran., T., Shore, J., Shore, P., van Heeswyk, F., Wregglesworth, B., Yellowlees, P., Zucker, M., Krupinski, E., Bernard, J. (2013). ATA practice guidelines for video-based online mental health services. Telemedicine and e-Health. 19(9), 722-730. doi:10.1089/tmj.2013.9989.
- Maheu M. M, McMenamin J. (2013). Telepsychiatry: The perils of using Skype. Psychiatric Times. Retrieved May 6, 2016: http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/display/article/10168/2131095
- Maheu, M., McMenamin, J. (2013). Telepsychology Best Practices, In G. Koocher, J. Norcross, & B. Greene (Eds.), Psychologist's Desk Reference (3rd edition), New York, Oxford University Press Publication.
- Maheu, M., Pulier, M. (2013). mHealth Applications ("Apps") for Psychologists, In G. Koocher, J. Norcross, & B. Greene (Eds.), Psychologist's Desk Reference (3rd edition), New York, Oxford University Press Publication.
- Duncan, A., Nelson, E., Maheu, M., Glueckauf, R., Drude, K., & Gustafson, D. (2013). Technology training in psychology internships. Poster presented at the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Nashville, TN.
- Maheu, M., Pulier, M., McMenamin, J., Posen, L. (2012). Future of telepsychology, telehealth, and various technologies in research and practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 43(6), 613-621.
The Ohio Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists: OPA maintains responsibility for the program and its content. Click here for OPA event policies and disclaimers.