OPA provides a number of email lists relating to general practice issues, prescriptive privileges, student and early career issues, academic issues, continuing education and more.
Choose no-chat/announcement-only or interactive lists that allow continual networking with colleagues. The main OPA-LINK listserv provides an ongoing forum for discussion on topics such as managed care, treatment and referral inquiries and other professional concerns.
Listserv participants are encouraged to review the usage guidelines.
Currently active OPA listservs include:
- OPA General Forum (OPA-LINK) - This is OPA's general forum where both the organization and members can share announcements and ask questions.
- Early Career Psychologist (OPA-EARLY) - OPA’s forum for recently licensed individuals
(within the last 7 years) to discuss early career issues.
- Forensics (OPA-FORENSICS) - OPA'S forum for forensic psychologists and issues related to the field of psychology.
- LGBT (OPA-LGBT) - Forum for discussion on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues
pertaining to the field of psychology.
- Neuropsychology (OPA-NEURO) - OPA's forum for neuropsychologists and issues related to the field of psychology.
- News Flash (OPA-NEWS) - NO CHAT LIST - Periodic news/announcements from OPA Central
Office.Note: OPA-LINK subscribers need not subscribe to this list, as messages posted to OPA-NEWS are
also posted to OPA-LINK.
- Prescriptive Privileges (OPA-RxP) - Forum for individuals to discuss issues relevant to
advocating for prescriptive privileges for psychologists in Ohio.
- Small College (OPA-SM-COL) - Forum to encourage dialogue and facilitate collaboration among
small college psychology faculty in Ohio
- Student (OPA-STUDENT) - Open forum to network and discuss current student/new psychologist
issues in psychology.
Members may join any of these listservs by signing-in and updating their profile. Or, members may call OPA at 614.224.0034 to sign-up.