2 CE for psychologists, counselors, social workers and marriage & family therapists
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Time: 12:30 - 7 p.m.
Location: Riffe Center (77 S. High Street | Columbus, Ohio 43215) and the Statehouse Museum Gallery (1 Capitol Square | Columbus, Ohio 43215)
Complete Legislative Day Package (Registration opens at Noon- program begins at 12:30 p.m. at the Riffe Center | Studio 2)
- $85 for OPA Members | $65 OPA Student Members | $95 for Non-OPA Members
- The complete Legislative Day package includes...
- 2 pre-function webinars
- 2 CE on-site workshop
- Afternoon Snack
- Face-to-face meeting(s) with legislators
- 2 hour reception in the Statehouse Museum Gallery
Reception Only (Statehouse Gallery Museum Gallery 5 - 7 p.m.)
- $50 for OPA Members | $60 for Non-OPA Members
Support a Graduate Student Scholarship:
- If you would like to sponsor a scholarship for a graduate student to attend OPA's Legislative Day, you may do so as part of the checkout process.
Legislators and/or Legislative Aides, please click here to register.
OPA is proud to announce our completely revamped Legislative Day!
Join OPA, psychologists, graduate students and Ohio policy makers for presentations and discussions about the importance of quality mental health care for all Ohioans. The day will focus on current policy issues in the Ohio legislature related to mental health including prescription privileges for psychologists, the Psychology Interjurisdictional Compact (PSYPACT), and parity legislation.
New... Prior to the event, OPA will host the following two free webinars for Legislative Day attendees:
- Legislative Advocacy 101: How to Talk to Your Legislators & Aides (This is a great opportunity for students and/or psychologists who are less experienced with advocacy efforts.)
- Review of the Legislation & Talking Points (This is a webinar that ALL attendees should view. Each year, we single out several key issues to focus on during Legislative Day. During this webinar, you will receive detailed information about each issue as well as talking points to use during your face-to-face meetings with legislators.)
New... Legislative Day kicks off with a 2CE workshop, Integrating Advocacy and Social Justice into Your Professional Identity, presented by Dr. Amber Hewitt. A former OPA Leadership Development Academy Fellow, Dr. Hewitt serves as the Manager of Policy and Advocacy for Nemours Children's Health System. This workshop will take place in the Riffe Center's Studio 2 theater beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Immediately following the workshop, attendees will have the opportunity to conduct face-to-face meetings with their legislators and aides.Talking with your legislators can be intimidating, but don’t let that stop you from getting your voice heard. OPA’s Legislative Day offers a great opportunity for experienced and novice advocates to work together. Remember to participate in the pre-function webinars as they provide advocacy training for newbies as well as talking points to use during your meetings with the legislators.
New... After your face-to-face meetings, you are encouraged to join us at our Legislative Day Reception which offers another opportunity to talk to legislators and their aides in a more relaxed atmosphere. Join us in the Statehouse Museum Gallery from 5 - 7 p.m. for beverages and hors d'oeuvres.
Graduate students may apply for a $50 scholarship. Applications are now being accepted. Click here to apply
. (If a scholarship is granted, you will receive an email with registration instructions.)
Questions? Contact OPA 614.224.0034
To view OPA's registration and event policies and disclaimers, click here.