Poster Application Fee: $25 for OPA Student Members | $35 for non OPA Student Members
- April 17, 2020 | Deadline to apply to participate
- May 1, 2020 | Deadline to submit virtual poster
- May 14-15, 2020 | Judging panel video conferences pre-scheduled in 10 minutes blocks
- May 20, 2020 | OPA’s P.O.D.cast winners notified
- April 23, 2021 | P.O.D.cast winners present research LIVE during OPA’s Annual Awards Luncheon
The Ohio Psychological Association invites undergraduate and graduate students who are conducting research on psychology-based topics to present poster summaries as part of our inaugural P.O.D.cast... Posters on Demand.
What is OPA’s P.O.D.cast?
P.O.D.cast (Posters on Demand) is OPA’s fresh take on a traditional poster session. This virtual format encourages you to think “outside of the box” and allows your research to have more visibility while saving you money and time!
OPA’s P.O.D.cast will consist of individual research “video posters.” These videos will consist of no more than 7 slides (including the cover slide), last no longer than 5 minutes and incorporate a QR code that links to your full research. Videos will be posted online for public viewing and promoted on social media. For an example of what we’re looking for, OPA recommends viewing the “Better Poster” video.
How are Virtual Posters judged?
Virtual posters will be judged online by a panel of psychologists during a pre-scheduled live presentation. Posters may report on empirical (quantitative or qualitative) studies or non-empirical (theoretical/review) projects. Research will be judged on the following: professionalism, conceptualization, methodology (empirical only), conclusions and overall contribution to the discipline. To view the rubric used for judging the poster session, click here.
How do I submit my research?
Participating in OPA’s P.O.D.cast is as easy as 1 – 2 - 3:
- Submit an online application. You will receive an email within 2 business days notifying you of your acceptance into OPA’s 2020 P.O.D.cast. This correspondence will include detailed submission instructions for your Virtual Poster as well as provide an overview and timeline of the judging process.
- Submit your “virtual poster,” and
- Present your research to the judging panel via an online video conference.
Before you start your application, please have the following items available:
- Name and contact information of lead presenter, all co-presenters and faculty advisor
- Title of Research and categorization (empirical or non-empirical)
- 100 word abstract
- 500 word supporting summary
For complete P.O.D.cast information including prizes, judging criteria and guidelines and disclaimers, click here.
- In the event that your application is denied, registration fees will be refunded.
- Refunds for students' whose applications are accepted will comply with the policy provided below.
- Disclaimers/Cancellation and Refund Policy: Attendees needing to cancel must do so in writing before 7 business days prior to the event and will be subject to a $30 service charge. ALL CANCELLATIONS WILL BE SUBJECTED TO THIS SERVICE CHARGE. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 8 days prior to the event. The planners and sponsors of this event are committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information. However, they are not responsible for changes, additions or deletions to the services, but will work toward accommodating the needs of the attendees.