UC Health Community Conversation on Well-Being among Latinos
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Posted by: Karen Hardin
Event will be offered in Spanish.
When: May 22, 2019, from 5 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Roberts Paideia Academy | 1702 Grand Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45214
- Maria Espinola, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist, UC Health
- Luz Elena Schemmel, Director of Immigrant and Wellness Services, Santa Maria Community Services
- Nicole DeGreg, RN, Roberts Academy School Based Health Clinic.
Members of the Latino community face unique, daily challenges which may place undue stress on adults and children. To aid in identifying and managing the mental and physical effects of these challenges, UC Health is bringing together a panel of clinical and community experts. Attendees will hear from Dr. Maria Espinola, Psychologist, UC Health; Luz Elena Schemmel, Director of Immigrant and Wellness Services, Santa Maria Community Services; and Nicole DeGreg, RN, Roberts Academy School Based Health Clinic. Discussion topics will include:
- Ways to identify the mental and physical effects of stress.
- Managing the impact of physical and psychological trauma.
- How stress affects children and ways you can help.
- And much more!
Join us at Roberts Paideia Academy on May 22 from 5 – 7:00 p.m. Complimentary childcare and dinner will be provided.
RSVP is requested, but not required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-585-8128 to reserve your spot.
Please note: This event will be held in Spanish.
Click here to download informational flyer.