The Communication and Technology Committee (CTC)’s primary priority is to promote the use of technology in the practice of psychology by providing information and guidance to psychologists in Ohio about telepsychology.
- Monitor advances in technology and inform the OPA Board and membership about ways technology may be used in the practice of psychology
- Advise the planning of OPA’s public relations and marketing efforts
- Guide the planning for OPA publications, including the website and listserv, relative to topics, content and guest editors
- Actively educate about and promote the use of telepsychology with OPA members
- Provide editorial resources to OPA publications
- Keep informed about telepsychology laws, regulations, and guidelines
- With OPA Central Office staff manage, the OPA listservs for compliance with rules and guidelines
- Provide information about telepsychology on the OPA listserv and OPA publications
- Advocate for the provision of telepsychology education and training opportunities for Ohio psychologists
Communication and Technology Committee - Blog
The Ohio Psychologist is a peer-reviewed publication with primarily practice-orientated articles. The Editor of The Ohio Psychologist is a co-chair of the CTC. The OPA Review is published two times annually and is designed to bring members up-to-date information about statewide and national issues that affect psychologists and consumers. OPA Members may view past issues of all publications in the News section of this website. Non-members may purchase an annual subscription to the print publication at a rate of $50 per year – contact the Director of Finance and Operations for more information or to purchase a subscription.
Articles submitted for publication in The Ohio Psychologist are carefully reviewed by three peer reviewers, and reviewer feedback is provided to each author and changes are made by the author(s) to manuscripts before they are officially accepted for publication.
OPA Annual Reports
See File Library at bottom on this page
New committee members are always welcome. If you are interested in learning more about this committees, please contact the OPA office at 614.224.0034.