OPA’s Education Committee strives to represent the wide-ranging interests and needs of OPA members related to continuing education. Educational programming of high quality and value to OPA’s members depends upon your input. Please contact the chair with your questions, comments and program suggestions.
Education Committee Goal
The goals of OPA’s continuing education program are to make available to the professional psychological community the broadest possible range of education and training opportunities. Our continuing education programs are quality presentations that seek to enhance professional competency, to promote the acquisition of new skills and knowledge, to improve the services psychologists provide to clients and to foster a commitment to furthering the scope and impact of the field of psychology.
Education Committee Objectives
- To oversee the development, implementation, marketing and evaluation of continuing education courses that disseminate psychological knowledge, designed to offer a broad array of topics for practitioners and scientists, through direct delivery of programs and products.
- To generate means of continually improving the qualifications and competence of Ohio psychologists through high standards of ethical conduct, education and achievement.
- To design workshops and create opportunities that will upgrade the skills and knowledge of clinicians, academics and those in research. Participants earn continuing education credits for either attending or presenting.
- To keep in line with OPA’s commitment to diversity and multiculturalism, the committee shall advocate for programming that reflects an appreciation and awareness of these issues.
- To promote research in psychology and improvement of research methods and conditions by allowing academicians, researchers and graduate students forums at which to present their work, as well as research-themed workshops.
- To generate revenue for the association through events, seminars, workshops and home study courses.
New committee members are always welcome. If you are interested in learning more about this committees, please contact the OPA office at 614.224.0034.