What is OWP?
OWP is an affiliate of the Ohio Psychological Association that consists of approximately 40 women from all over Ohio. Members include women and allies, students to experienced women psychologists, and allied healthcare professionals. The organization promotes accessibility to a wider range of roles for women psychologists, including leadership. We work to bring increased attention to women's unique needs, perspectives and contributions. We also serve as a "home" within OPA for women psychologists thorughout their professional lives..
To join OWP, please click on the green button below. After you complete the application, don't forget to return to this page to and click on the yellow PayPal button to submit payment.
What does OWP do?
- Informs members of legislative and policy issues relevant to women and to encourage members to participate in advocacy activities.
- Supports the growth and development of women in psychology from graduate school to professionals in the field whether as an academician, researcher, practitioner, or consultant.
- Supports the empowerment of women and the address issues related to women within and outside the field of psychology.
- Provides annual scholarships for graduate students in psychology who are researching women’s issues (more information).
- Provides a closed Facebook group to allow for discussion of relevant issues.
- Meets via conference calls and face-to-face meetings (we aim for quarterly meetings).
- Presents a Lifetime Achievement Award that recognizes a woman psychologist for her significant accomplishments in teaching, research, clinical skills and as a role model.
Want to learn more?
Contact the President of OWP, Cindy Van Keuren, PsyD
Click here to download a membership application.
New committee members are always welcome. If you are interested in learning more about this committee, please contact the OPA office at 614.224.0034.